Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sleeping Bear Dunes!

Ah vacation....it's been a long time coming and well worth the wait though we don't desire this long of a wait for next time!  Here's a bit of our adventure last week:

There's just something about big water...



We enjoyed a great visit with friends we met in Carlsbad, NM!  (Love you guys!!!)


The walk-in sites at Sleeping Bear ROCK...


Yep, we also witnessed a beautiful wedding of two inspirational people...


We found our way to South Manitou Island the latter half of the trip.  An 1.5 hour long ferry is required to access the island.

 Fun, fun!


Backpacking in sunshine, with beautiful water and woodlands.  What could be better?


Must hug big, old trees. 

Ahh dunes...

Water beckoned after traversing the dune....



 Really?!  So fantastic!

Toad burrowed in the sand.  COOL!



Time for peace, quiet and reading in a beautiful setting makes for...

 a very happy camper...


two very happy campers actually.


4 comments:

  1. HI J&S....Well after all that hard work you have been doing since you bought your home I think you deserved that wonderful vacation...very nice place...and the type of vacation I would like !!
    Loved you photo's of the trip and your gardens..they did great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the most treasured places ever. So glad to see glimpses of these beautiful places since I haven't had a chance to visit yet this summer. I'm glad you enjoyed the visit to Michigan. I'm a little biased, but I think it is an awesome state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time! Good for you...oh and some possible big do-ins over on my blog...prayers are welcome! ~Vonnie, NH

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've vacationed up in Leelanau County, Michigan every summer of my life and have very fond memories from up there. I've been to South Manitou a number of times and even wrote some blog posts about them this past winter. Glad you had a good time up there, it's perfect if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please share your thoughts.