On the right, below, you see the built-in cabinet that utilizes old window sashes for the doors. This is now part of the new half-bath but we wanted to liven the doors up a bit since someone had painted them brown. Scroll down to seen what we did!
First, we made a plywood template based on the size of the window panes.
Next, we used the template to cut pane-sized sections from our too-large-for-our-walls map:
After lightly sanding the pane and back-of-map-section surfaces and cleaning the panes with lacquer thinner, we attached the map sections using Mod-Podge glue:
And there you have it!:
We solved two problems with a fun and easy project that improved our bathroom and encourages us to see more of this great country!