Saturday, July 25, 2015

Birthday Bottle Cap Project

I celebrated my birthday at the beginning of July and as a gift to myself I created something purely for pleasure. Inspired by the Bottle Cap Queen, we saved bottle caps for years and turned them into a really colorful, fun piece of yard art. I love it! Thanks to Steve for facilitating the project and for celebrating with me in many ways, but of course for hiking those 8 miles filled with mushrooms, fledgling birds and bird song!














8 comments:

  1. that is Beautiful!! Its so colorful and has great texture and amazing balance! I love that shot of it on the wall with the bee balm? in the foreground..and A belated Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lady! Thanks so much. :) Yes, the purple flower is wild bergamot (Monard fistulosa) and they are just covered lately with hummingbird moths. Even with the powdery mildew it's susceptible to here in OH, we think it's a must grow plant!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this. You guys are awesome. So much happy creative energy. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele! It was so fun to make and makes me happy everytime I see it. :) We hope your summer is great!!

      Delete
  3. Lovely compass rose, Jennifer. Did you see the article in Sunday's Dispatch about the urban gardening store? I thought it might be a possible market for your soaps. Chris (from Innis volunteers)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chris! We don't get the Dispatch so I'm not sure which store you are referencing. Let me know if you remember. I bet you are up to all sorts of creative goodness this summer. :) I hope it's great!

      Delete
    2. The store is called Grace Brothers Urban Farm, Garden and Pet (gracebrosnursery.com). It's in Cleveland. This summer I'm working on a water color of the Japanese garden at Dawes Arboretum, lots of fun! Chris

      Delete

We love to hear from our readers! Please share your thoughts.