Monday, September 29, 2008

Silk Purse from Sow's Ear (part 3 of 3)

And now for part 3 of 3 of "Silk Purse from Sow's Ear". If you missed parts 1 and 2, here they are:

Part 1

Part 2

At the end of part 2, I had my backing board and my 8 pegs ready to assemble together. How to do that? I eye-balled how it would look and then...

...chose an appropriately-sized drill bit (a spade bit in this case).

I angled the hole somewhat so that the pegs would stick up from center a bit.

I'm known for my fine, precision work!

Rough-fitting.

I used a utility knife to get the fit closer.


And a sandpaper block to fine-tune.

The peg holes were a bit rough so I...

...cleaned them up a bit with some sandpaper.

"Close enough for government work", as they say.

A bit of glue.

Lined it up.

Tapped it in.


Wiped off excess glue with a damp cloth.

It was just that simple.


Now all I had to do was lay out the rest of the pegs...


...and repeat the process for them all.

Pre-finished.

Post-finished (stain/poly combo).


We were quite excited to hang up our new peg wall hanger and populate it with Jennifer's rock necklace creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers! Please share your thoughts.