Monday, January 19, 2009

Barn Wood Book Shelf, Part 3

You may be wondering what happened to the promised "Barn Wood Book Shelf, Part 3". Well, since part 1 and part 2, I've been battling an energy-sapping cold, thus the delay. But I came a-rarin' back today and here is what happened:

Made 2 shelves from various scraps:


Installed rails for the shelves to rest on:


Put an ornamentation piece on the front of each shelf and sanded the shelves a bit:


Put the shelves in place:


And took some pics:


Jennifer says, "This thing rules!":

Steve says, "If you are inspired by piles of scrap lumber, go with it."


Well, that was a fun project!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. You are so talented Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my kiln! I felt the same way for you when I saw you got a wheel - oh, and the tiniest bit jealous, too!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please share your thoughts.