First, we gathered the extra windows we had around the property. (All left from some prior owner.)
Cutting the angle came next. I want to note we built this as we went. That's Steve's preferred method for building and it's great! The cold frame structure completely evolved as we went along. To determine the angle, we held the window at the angle we wanted, found a wide enough board and drew a line on the board from bottom corner to top corner. Amazingly, it provided us with two right sized pieces - one for each end.
6 hinges - exactly what we needed for this cold frame! A few were bent so we pounded them back into shape.
Next, we attached the windows!
We're pretty excited about this! Imagine Jennifer squealing. :)
Ready for some compost and then seeds!
The handle on the side of the box was left here by a prior owner.
We spent not one dime on this cold frame, but will harvest hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of greens no doubt. Pretty cool.