Thursday, April 23, 2009

Vegetable Worth Growing: Spaghetti Squash

A friend shared a spaghetti squash with us from his garden last summer and I just recently made it for dinner.  (It's a great keeper!)  This recipe is very simple, easy to make and tasty.  
 
Here's a look at the spaghetti squash from the outside cut and ready for baking.

After baking at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes, I scooped out the seeds to roast later and let the squash cool a bit.

I then added the squash to the other ingredients listed here.  You can see in those photo why this squash is called a spaghetti squash.


Thanks for sharing Tim!

3 comments:

  1. wow, that looks great. i just printed the recipe off for when i happen to get my hands on one... acb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am just about to harvest my first spaghetti squash in London, UK and came across your recipe suggestion which looks great and I'm planning to try it. Would you be happy for me to put a link from my blog (http://gonetoseed.wordpress.com) to your recipe suggestion? Many thanks and I enjoyed browsing your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love this stuff and eat loads of it. It's pretty expensive at the supermarket. Your dish looks great and the photo is very well done. Think about food photography for the FOOD channel!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please share your thoughts.